Our Rosemary Basil Sea Salt grinder lends some deliciously herby depth to this out-of-this-world macaroni and cheese recipe.
Rosemary-Basil Mac and Cheese
To give this mac and cheese recipe some serious flavor, we infuse heavy cream with our Rosemary Basil Sea Salt, some fresh rosemary, and a touch of lemon zest. The mixture is then tossed with cooked shells and not one but two types of shredded cheese before being broiled to perfection. Perfect for cool evenings and ideal for entertaining, this recipe is sure to find its way into your fall and winter cooking repotoire before too long!
- 16 oz. medium shell pasta
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
Rosemary Basil Sea Salt (ground)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until nearly al dente but still firm. Drain, rinse under cool water, and return to pot; set aside.
Meanwhile, combine cream, butter, Rosemary Basil Sea Salt, fresh rosemary, and lemon zest in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour cream mixture over cooked pasta, then stir in both cheeses. Transfer to a large, broiler-safe skillet and broil until top is browned and mixture is bubbling.