Anytime you put family and friends under one roof for even just a weekend, chaos will ensue. OK, that isn't completely fair. Sometimes vacations with family can be relaxing, full of days spent lounging around, reading or binge watching Netflix. I love those weekends. I crave those weekends. But let's be real. Think back to holidays spent with your loved ones. Most mornings are spent making to-do lists, rushing to the grocery store for some obscure spice and fighting over the good wrapping paper. Sure there was some good down time, but that was usually at the end of the day around the fire with a glass of wine. When I have company, my craziest time of day is morning. In trying to get more people than normal out the door, we inevitably leave something behind, forget to eat or someone yells at someone else. Let me tell you, forgetting breakfast is a huge no-no at my house. I LOVE breakfast. Eggs, cheese, bread, sausage, bacon, veggies, coffee...the list goes on and on. Seriously, what's not to love?! Anyway, when you have a crowd but don't have a ton of time to spend on a leisurely brunch, this breakfast wreath is the perfect solution. First one out of the shower can get the meal started and by the time the last person is brushing their teeth, this ring of cheesy goodness is ready to pull out of the oven. It's even easy to cut up and pop in a container if you need to eat on the go. As with most of my favorite recipes, this one is easy to change up. Don't do the whole meat thing? Leave it out! Add some diced tomatoes or salsa before baking and then top with avocado and sour cream. Truly, you can make it your own, and you should...this weekend!
- 1/2 pound of sausage (I love using the hot sausage for an added kick)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of WST Garlic & Herb Seasoning (this is something new for WST and I can't get enough of it)
- 1 teaspoon WST Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water (for egg wash- optional)
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Beat eggs with WST herbs and Roasted Garlic Sea Salt in medium bowl. Whisk until well blended. Add to skillet; cook over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes or until eggs are set and still moist, stirring occasionally.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll dough and separate into triangles. Arrange 8 triangles with shortest sides toward center slightly overlapping in a sun shape and leaving a 4-inch round circle open in center. Pile sausage evenly around the wring at the base of each crescent roll . First top with ½ of the cheese. Then, add all your scrambled eggs. Finally, sprinkle the rest of your cheese on top.
- Pull points of triangles over the ingredients and tuck dough under to form a ring.
- Brush with egg was, if desired, and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Jimmy Dean's Breakfast Crescent Ring