A few days ago we had a heat wave come through...in March. It was 85 degrees. In March. So, we decided that if it was going to be hot, we might as well grill!
Grilled Salmon Thai Red Curry w/Spring Nettles
- 2, 4 oz salmon filets
- 3 Tbsp grape seed oil - divided
- 1 can coconut cream ( I prefer Trader Joe's)
- 2-3 cups mixed veggies (whatever is in your fridge. I used carrots, yellow squash, onions, celery, and mushrooms)
- 4-6 oz fresh stinging nettle - chopped (you can also use chickweed, dandelion leaf, sochan, or any other wild "weed"
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 inch ginger - grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 3 Tbsp WST's Thai Red Curry - divided
- 1-2 Tbsp WST's Magic Chili Pepper Seasoning
- Jasmine rice
- nuts - peanuts or smoked almonds
Directions (let's break this down):
- Veggies - Chop veggies, add 1 Tbsp oil, and 1 Tbsp WST's Thai Red Curry. Mix together. Transfer to grilling sheet. Grill on high until veggies are your desired tenderness. Remove from grill and reserve.
- Salmon - Drizzle raw salmon filets with tamari, 1 Tbsp grape seed oil, WST's Thai Red Curry, and WST's Magic Chili Pepper Seasoning (use for adjusting the spice level). Marinate for at least 20 mins. Grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Rice - Cook rice
Time to combine it all...
On the stove, add remaining 1 Tbsp of oil to a skillet. Heat on medium/low. Once oil is hot, add ginger and garlic. Saute for 1 minute and add 1 Tbsp WST's Thai Red Curry. Stir. Add nettles, and coconut cream. Add veggies from grill to coconut curry mixture. Saute for 5-10 minutes.
Plate it up...
Put rice in bowl, spoon curry mixture over top. Add salmon filet. Top with cilantro, and chopped nuts.