Tangy, crunchy, and full of flavor, this pickled okra recipe comes together in minutes thanks to our WST House Grinder and just a few other pantry ingredients. They're perfect for pickle plates, charcuterie boards, or just snacking straight from the jar, and if you've got other veggies on hand like carrots, cucumbers, or cauliflower, you can use this brine to pickle them as well. The options are endless!
- ½ lb. okra
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. WST House Grinder seasoning (not ground)
1 Tbsp. canning and pickling salt, fine sea salt, or kosher salt (see note)
2 tsp. sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- Pack okra into a pint-size jar and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar. Pour brine over okra, then top with lid and screw shut.
- Let cool to room temperature, then transfer to the fridge and wait 3 to 5 days before opening.
We used Morton's coarse kosher salt when developing this recipe. If using a flakier kosher salt like Diamond Crystal (which doesn't pack as tightly into a measuring spoon), you may want to use a bit more. As always, we recommend tasting as you go and adjusting based on your own preferences. Happy pickling!